Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A New Approach to S'Mores

I'm not a big fan of traditional s'mores - it's the graham cracker that does nothing for me.  I find it too thick, I think.

I found a thin butter cookie that is great for s'mores.  It's crunchy and, in my opinion, goes really well with the marshmallow and Nutella.

Yes, I said Nutella.  Ruth likes Hershey bars with s'mores, but I like Nutella.  It's delicious and I like the texture better than bar chocolate.  

Before the trip, I was in Costco and saw pizzelle cookies, which are also thin and lighter in flavor than graham crackers.  I bought a package of them and figured we could try them for s'mores on the trip.

In Red Lodge we made a nice campfire and after dinner, Ruth and I pulled out our s'mores supplies and began experimenting.  I liked the pizzelle version, but Ruth didn't like it as much because she had to put two roasted marshmallows on it to fill up the pizzelle cookie.  They're larger than graham crackers and have more surface area to fill.

We'll definitely make these again.



No comments:

Post a Comment