Thursday, August 15, 2013

Henry's Frustration About the Bears

"Bear, Bear! Dad yelled. I didn't think much of it because I thought they were yelling "Deer, Deer!"

It was a regular morning around 9:00 a.m. on the 9th of August.  On the drive from Medora to Minnesota, I was notified that we were going to skip Itasca State Park, the headwaters of the Mississippi River, because we stayed an extra day in Red Lodge. I was so mad, I stormed into the bedroom of the RV and put the covers over my head. Then a couple of miles later, there was yelling. I thought it was "Deer, Deer!" I didn't get why they were screaming about deer. We had seen plenty of deer so they didn't have to get so happy about it. Then a couple of minutes later, Ruth came back and said: "You missed the cutest little bear." I told her to stop kidding and when she said she wasn't I went up front and said: "Ruth says you saw a bear, did you?" When they said yes, I was still calm, but then the bragging came. Ruth kept telling me that I should have seen that bear. She kept talking how small and cute it was to me only.

A couple of days later, me and Mom decided that we wanted to go to the aquarium in Duluth and drive separately to the next campground where Dad and Ruth were already driving. We were keeping in touch with them because dad worried that something was going to happen to us. Then, as we were heading to the campground, we received a message that said: "So far we have seen a confused squirrel and a huge bear that stopped in the middle of the road in front of us and then left." I was distraught and I started ranting about how maybe for you guys, I should leave so you can see more bears. Right as we got there, I went in the back and Ruth came back and said you should have seen the bear. I finally had enough and told her to stop bragging and to please stop following me and telling me about the bear. I'm still frustrated today about not seeing the two bears.

I hoped to see some in northern Michigan, but nothing so far.

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment